Tuesday, May 21, 2013

5x5 Mixed Media Art

Full Sail University is hosting a Summer Art Show called 5x5 @5pm. All we had to do was pickup a canvas, create an original work of art and submit it for the show next month. It will be available for sale where all proceeds will go to benefitting the FS students. 

So naturally, I reserved a 5x5 canvas and created a mixed media piece which I always enjoy doing. I started by choosing the scrapbook paper I wanted and cut out a design I liked. I began using Mod Podge and glued each piece down. I decided not to paint any part of it, so I used paper even around the edges. 

Then I sanded down the corners and edges of the canvas and distressed it with an ink pad. I followed up with a Q-tip and ink highlighting the lines. Finally, I finished off with a brown ink pad and just spread it across the entire canvas to give it a more distressed tone.   














No comments:

Post a Comment